NZ Space Industry Entrepreneurship
If you are reading this section, then you must be interested in creating a space related business and wondering where to start. The list of technological opportunities below that contribute to the over all space industry supply chain is the first place to start:
Space Technology Market Opportunities (this is a summary of potential market opportunities.
Browse the SpaceBase NZ Space Directory to understand the existing space industry segments already in NZ and what products and services exist.
Putting your Idea into Action...
1) Reserve your Company Name 1) Register your Space Startup 1) Create your Constitution (sample template) 1) Apply for a Bank Account (sample)
Space Incubators and Accelerators
Note: There is currently no dedicated aerospace incubator in NZ. The NZ Aerospace Challenge 2019 is running a virtual space incubator for the teams selected. Some of these teams (and those from last years Space Challenge) are currently incubated/mentored through:
1) UC Centre for Entrepreneurship/Xstart - Christchurch 1) Te Ohaka - Centre for Growth and Innovation - Christchurch 1) Johnson’s Corner - Taranaki 1) GRID AKL - Auckland 1) Petridish - Dunedin
1) SpaceBase Limited - Aerospace professionals available for mentorship and consulting.
1) Callaghan Innovation 1) Royal Society of New Zealand 1) Pitch Opportunities 1) NZ Aerospace Challenge 1) Investment Funds - MBIE
Investors (Currently outside of NZ)
1) Space Angels 1) Founders Fund 1) Seraphim Capital 1) Promus Ventures 1) Bessemer Venture Partners 1) Global Space Ventures
1) NZ Space Directory - Locally 1) New Space Hub - Globally